Wednesday 19 March 2008

Condo Association - Background Screening

If you're buying a condo that's part of an existing development, you'll most likely be required to undergo background screening - all new residents are.

All that you'll have to do on your side is fill in a few documents with your details - from which the association can then do checks on you - and pay a fee. I had to pay $200 as I was a foreign national, which I guess makes it a little harder for them to undertake the screening.

This step isn't really anything to worry about, and is pretty straightforward. The details I had to provide were things like my address, bank details and current employer.

You may also have to have an interview - telephone, or perhaps in person when you're next there - with the condominimum association president.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do they look for?