Monday 7 April 2008

Transferring Your Signed Documents

Once you've had your documents notarized at the U.S. Embassy, you'll need to get them over to America pretty quick! This isn't really that difficult as there are, of course, a number of companies that can ship documents to the U.S. overnight. As you'll need to send the documents to your lawyer, ask whether they already hold an account with a specific company. If so, this will help you order a pickup from said company.

My lawyer had a account with DHL so, rather understandably, I used them. As soon as I got back home from the U.S. Embassy (see my previous post), I called up DHL to arrange for the documents to be picked up - this was about midday. As far as I recall, DHL arrived at my house within three hours. I'd opted for the "DHL Express 10.30" service, and the documents did indeed arrive at my lawyer's office in Florida before 10.30am. Magic!

No comments: